Once you've successfully completed the install steps, you can set up a test order, if desired:
- Set up product that is hard to find in your store (as it's only for testing purposes). You can do this by:
- Making the product something customers wouldn't typically search for (e.g. "TestProduct")
- Make sure the product is marked as a "physical product"
- You can set the price to free or $1
- Don't use any tags to make it hard to find
- Don't add it to any collections
- Set up a shipping profile that includes only this test product. Add Trexity as a third-party courier shipping option to this profile only. Here's Shopify's instructions on creating a shipping profile. If you need further assistance, please contact Shopify Support.
You want to create a profile specifically for your test product and add Trexity as a third-party courier to this profile.
You'll want to make sure Trexity is only a shipping option on your test product's shipping profile. If it's an option on your other shipping profiles, you should remove Trexity from those for now so that it doesn't affect customers while you're testing.
While you're testing, make sure to have this Trexity integration setting UNCHECKED: "Post unscheduled deliveries automatically". See the instructions under "Configure Trexity Shopify App".
- Now you can test your checkout by buying the test product. Go to your store as if you were a customer, add the test product to your cart (you'll need to search for your test product specifically by name), and go through checkout. Make sure the delivery address you're entering at checkout falls within Trexity's delivery zone (otherwise the Trexity delivery option won't show up for you).
Please use a delivery address that is different from your pickup address, otherwise the Trexity delivery option won't become available.
If you don't want to make a real purchase, then you will need to enable test mode for Shopify Payments or your payment gateway. Then use a test credit card. See Shopify's instructions on how to do this for Shopify Payments. If you need further assistance, please contact Shopify Support.
- When you get to shipping options, choose Trexity and finish the checkout process.
- Follow the standard integration workflow to mark your order as fulfilled in Shopify, which should create the delivery in your Trexity merchant portal.
- Once you've confirmed the delivery creates properly, you can:
- Delete the delivery from your portal
- Delete your purchase from Shopify
- Remove your test product and related shipping profile from Shopify
- Add Trexity as a third-party courier to any existing shipping profiles in your store as appropriate, so that customers can start seeing the Trexity delivery option at checkout