You can set default information and requirements for each location in the merchant portal. This means each delivery you create for a location will automatically have these settings filled in.
Click Locations in the menu, then choose the desired location. Scroll down to:
- Default Pickup Instructions: Direct our couriers to the right location. Maybe you want to handle deliveries from a different door than your storefront. Let the couriers know so they can find the right way to pickup your delivery safely.
- Default Delivery Instructions: Any instructions for couriers that should appear at every drop-off (i.e. "Ring doorbell").
Requirement defaults may or may not include:
- Contains Alcoholic Products: If enabled, new deliveries will always require PIN Verification proof of delivery, including handoff to someone of legal age (this includes a check of the recipient's ID). If no one of legal age is available to accept/ provide the PIN, a return will be issued automatically. Return fees apply.
- Delivery PIN Verification: If enabled, new deliveries will always require hand-off to a person at the drop-off location who can provide a PIN to the courier. If there is no one there or the correct PIN can't be provided, a return will be issued automatically. Return fees apply.
- Courier default requirements may or may not include:
- Can Deliver Perishables: If enabled, new deliveries will always be flagged as containing perishable items.
- Can Deliver AlcohoI: If enabled, we'll only ping couriers who are able to deliver products containing alcohol. This, by itself, does NOT require a legal age check or PIN verification - so if your products contain trace amounts of alcohol, we still recommend enabling this requirement. If "contains alcoholic products" is enabled, it will automatically enable this requirement, too.
These are a great way to streamline your business and send out deliveries fast and efficiently.